Sunday, November 23, 2014

Cursing is a crutch for the unimaginative mind.

That's the only positive thing from Rick Yancey's The Last Descent. I do not recommend it unless you like Edgar Allen Poe strange and creepy. It's the fourth one in a series. I didn't read the first three, but from this one, I don't want to.


I recently finished Elenor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. I didn't want to finish it because I was certain and angry that it wouldn't turn out well, that it would have an unsatisfactory ending. I thought that until the very last sentences. Except for a lot of cussing (some of the people who cussed were the kind of people who don't know what is imagination), it was a good story.

Now reading The River Between Us by Richard Peck, about the beginnings of the Civil War from 15 year old Tillie's perspective. 

And The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger. To be honest, so far, at around page 40, I haven't yet figured out why it's a work of literature used in freshman English classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment