Wednesday, April 1, 2015

 The crocus have long past bloomed and the lilacs are just starting to open. When I was growing up in rural North Dakota (it is NOT all flat), I would walk in the pastures, hoping to see the first crocus of the season.
Image result for lilacs The grove of trees behind the house had many lilac trees, mostly purple, but also a few white. Roses are pretty and smell lovely, but lilacs, in my book, beat out roses.

Back to looking for a job after not being chosen. It's so discouraging to get those 'thanks for applying, but . . .' responses. The hope is something better is waiting for me.

Now reading How to Steal A Dog by Barbara O'Conner and Beyonders: A World Without Heroes by Brandon Mull, the first a several books in the series.
Beyonders: A World Without Heroes

 Just finished Better to Wish, first book in the Family Tree series by Ann M. Martin. Set in the 1930s it is a story of a simpler life for a girl growing up. The hard part was how the father dealt with his young, retarded son. It made me once again think of my daughter with autism and her future.

And always, read a book, and, in my case, keep writing.







No comments:

Post a Comment